The post-Engineering Deans Institute (EDI) 2019 EDGE Action-Steps Workshop (Wednesday, April 10, 2019), provided information, strategies, tools, and resources to assist engineering deans in promoting faculty gender equity change. The workshop included:
- An self-assessment of dean knowledge and actions to promote faculty gender equity, and an overview of the research on how to create an inclusive engineering college (Virginia Valian)
- Evidence-based strategies and tools for gender equity change [e.g., the 2-part (data template & narrative questionnaire) EDGE College Self-Assessment Tool, EDGE Gender Equity Web-Index; TECAID; ADVANCE StratEGIC Toolkit) (Gretal Leibnitz & Aisha Lawrey)
- Candid conversation with a panel of diverse women engineering deans (Stephanie Adams, Gilda Barbino, Theresa Maldonado; facilitated by Christine Grant)
- Identification of gender-specific challenges and strategies to support diverse, mid-career women faculty (Christine Grant), and
- A successful model for leadership development and succession planning (e.g., ELATES) (Diane Magrane)
For more information about the workshop, check out the agenda and resources here.